Interim/Permanent head of sales
West Hampstead, London
A bit about us
Callaly is on a mission to reinvent period-care and be the most forward-thinking company for people with periods. We believe that nobody should have to put up with products that don’t work or haven’t improved in decades. Tampliners are the first real design innovation to tampons in 80 years. In 2020, our Tampliner was recognised as one of Time’s Inventions of the year and this year it received an Amazon Europe Launchpad Innovation award.
We’re now looking for an Interim Head of Sales to catapult us to the next stage of our growth as one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies of 2021, putting our innovative tampliner on bathroom – and shop – shelves all around the world.
We are looking for an Interim Head of Sales for our expanding European business. We need someone with a successful record in Sales & Business Development to spearhead the next stage of our growth.
Working closely with the CEO and the ops and marketing teams in London, you will be driving the growth of Callaly’s full period product range across all accounts and channels. You will be responsible for growing our market share, expanding our range and scaling our European distribution network in a profitable way.
You’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help us drive our business forward.
What you’ll do
- Develop a go to market strategy in new markets and refine GTM in existing markets
- Work closely with the CEO to execute our European sales and distribution strategy and exceed revenue and profit goals in the territory
- Continually evaluate and optimise our growth strategy based on local market context, competitor and industry trends
- Optimize all stages of the sales process, from prospecting to negotiation and closing deals, managing the cross-functional commercial processes; adopting sales automation technologies and ensuring rigorous commercial due diligence
- Develop and evaluate Joint Business Plans with key distributors, marketplaces and direct to retail accounts. Continually monitor, evaluate and identify opportunities to grow their sales and profitability
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify effective trade marketing plans and grow the sell-in and sell-out of our key accounts
- Develop close commercial relationships with key retail groups, and establish us as the innovation leader in the category
- Identify opportunities to place our products into new store locations and/or categories; maximise visibility and placement, to grow our share of the category
- Evaluate rolling forecast against the annual plan on a monthly basis, communicate pacing versus targets and mitigation actions
- Develop and recommend insightful recommendations for growth opportunities, including partnerships, business development, NPI
Who you are
- Experience in senior sales roles within top-tier consumer or health brands
- Proven track record of managing brand presence and growing sales with an omni-channel approach
- Experience with successful new product and market launches
- Successful track record of delivering on ambitious growth targets
- Experience working with marketing teams to build out retail and trade marketing plans
- You have a bias to action, preferring imperfect decisions that trigger learning over no decision at all
- Outstanding negotiation skills and experience with negotiating retail and distribution agreements
- You are a strong verbal communicator and a naturally confident spokesperson with an ability to build lasting relationships with your team, partners, investors, customers
- You are driven to improve people’s experiences of periods
- You ideally have personal experience of having periods
What it’s like to work with us
- Collaborative, flexible and caring environment
- Competitive salary / day rate
- You’ll be a part of a B Corp that believes in using business as a force for good, using commercial growth to better serve our customers and community, and helping to create the period care brand of the future
How to apply
Simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the job title in the subject line, and include:
- Your CV
- A paragraph or two describing why you want to work for Callaly
- The best phone number to reach you on
We aim to respond to every application within two weeks. We look forward to hearing from you!