The website located at www.calla.ly and all associated sites linked to www.calla.ly by Callaly, its subsidiaries and affiliates, including Callaly sites around the world (the “Websites”) are owned and operated by Calla Lily Personal Care Ltd and the expressions, “Callaly”, “we”, “us” and “our” mean Calla Lily Personal Care Limited (whose company number is 3502936) registered at 10 Rose & Crown Yard, King Street, London SW1Y 6RE.
We take the privacy of the users of our Websites seriously. We are keen to obtain, retain and process information (including your personal and sensitive data) in accordance with the applicable legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998. We respect your right to privacy and we understand that, as a visitor to the Websites you prefer to control your own personal information and preferences. For this reason, we may ask you to register or to provide personal information and preferences when you visit certain areas of the Websites or request information.
By using the Websites and the services on the Websites, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data by us for the purposes authorised below and for any other purpose which is reasonably necessary for the provision of the proper administration of our relationship with you and the Websites.
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information provided by you when you use the Websites and other of the services on the Websites and on registration or when you fill in any forms. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services;
- information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us;
- information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms and questionnaires. We monitor customer traffic patterns and the use of the Websites which enables us to improve the service we provide.
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data and patterns, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- We may also keep details of transactions you carry out through the Websites.
3. Changes to our policy
4. How do we store and maintain personal information?
All of our employees are subject to obligations of confidentiality regarding information which they have access to in the course of their employment including the personal information of customers. All personal information is held in secure computer storage facilities. We take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites – any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data we will use our strict procedures and security features to protect your data.
5. How do we use the data we collect?
We use personal information collected from you or held about you for the following purposes:
- to administer our relationship with you;
- to provide a more personalised service;
- to deliver our products and services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us;
- to contact you regarding the information, products or services that you have requested from us or which we feel may be of interest to you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes);
- to carry out auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and enhance the services we provide;
- to transfer your details (including account details) to relevant third parties, public bodies, industry organisations and regulators as reasonably required for the operation of our business;
- to disclose your details to government and associated organisations as required by law;
- to collate a personal profile so that we can target relevant information to you;
- to issue statistical reports on consumer behaviours or skin types;
- to ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most efficient manner for you and your computer;
- to notify you about any changes to our service; and
- to administer promotions, offers or surveys that you have participated in.
6. How will we contact you?
We may very selectively share your information with third parties selected by us for marketing purposes or we may send you information about other carefully selected organisations’ goods and services. We, or a third party selected by us, may contact you by post, telephone, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or third parties selected by us (other than the information you have requested) please indicate this on the registration page. If you later decide that you do not wish to receive information from Callaly you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have opted out we will not send your details to any third parties (except to administer the offer or to supply information you have requested). However, we will not be able to recall your details from third parties who have already received your details before you opted out.
If you submit your information in connection with an offer, survey or free prize draw we may transfer the information you provide to third parties with whom we are running the offer, survey or free prize draw. Where you have asked not to be contacted by third parties during the registration process for the promotion the third party will only be permitted to use the information for the purposes of administering the offer, to notify winners, deliver the prize(s) to winners, to make the winners list publicly available pursuant to applicable laws or anything strictly necessary to administer the offer, survey or free prize draw.
9. Disclosure of your information
We will share your details among our companies at home and abroad (including outside the European Economic Area) including our joint ventures and with any future owners of the Websites.
We employ other companies and individuals to carry out functions on our behalf including delivering packages, sending mail, providing marketing assistance, analysing data and providing customer service. In order to carry out their functions these companies and individuals may require access to your personal data but we shall only disclose such relevant personal information as is needed by them to perform their functions.
Where requested to do so, we may co-operate with any court, tribunal, regulatory body, police authority or other similar authority in any investigations or proceedings concerning you or your use of the Website. This may include disclosing information about communications transmitted via the Website to such authorities where required or under a legal obligation to do so.
We may also use and share information relating to groups of customers, without identifying individuals, to learn more about customer behaviour and find ways of enhancing our service.
We regard our databases of information (which will include your personal information) as an important part of our business and we will not give or sell this information to any outside organisation for use in its marketing or solicitation without your consent.
10. Cookies – what are they and how do we use them?
- simplify the logging on process for registered users;
- help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users;
- provide the mechanisms for online shopping;
- enable monitoring of traffic and usage patterns;
- to report aggregate information to our advertisers; and
- remember the settings of any profile you set up on the websites.
Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of the Websites or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser, but this may restrict the use of some parts of the Websites.
We are using the following cookies on the website:
11. Web Beacons – what are they and how do we use them?
We or third parties on our behalf may use web beacons in combination with cookies on the Websites, in our emails or in our advertisements. Web beacons help us understand how visitors interact with the Websites and enable us to measure the effectiveness of the Websites and our advertising, for example by counting the number of individuals who have visited the Websites via a particular advert.
A web beacon is typically an electronic image that is placed on a site, email or advert which allows a website to record the simple actions of the user opening the page that contains the beacon. Web beacons provide us with details of how the Websites are navigated, how many individuals visit specific pages, the time material was viewed, the types of browsers and computer operating systems used and the Internet Protocol addresses from which you connect to the Websites. This is information that is available to any web server you visit and web beacons do not give any extra information away. Web beacons are simply a convenient way of gathering simple statistics and managing cookies and by being able to recognise you this allows us to improve your experience of the Websites by enabling us to tailor and personalise your visit.
Where web beacons are used in connection with cookies then they may be rendered ineffective by either opting out of the cookies or changing the cookie settings in your browser.
You can find out more about the way web beacons work on www.allaboutcookies.org
13. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the registration page we use to collect your data or by using the unsubscribe option at the bottom of emails. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or the address detailed below.
You have the right to obtain a copy of any personal information which we hold about you and to notify us of any inaccuracies. If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal information please write to us. You will need to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge you a fee to cover our costs incurred in providing you with a copy of your information.
Calla Lily Personal Care Ltd
10 Rose & Crown Yard
Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope with your postal details so we can provide you with the details of the information we hold about you.
If you wish to know more about your rights please visit the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.gov.uk.